Monday, February 28, 2011

Workingworkingworkingworking.....

  • I have officially hired my friend & tutor as a research assistant! She is a native ASL signer, she is Deaf, and she will be running the experiments and teaching me how to interact with kids in ASL (did I mention I'm hearing?  I've worked with kids in English and French, but not ASL yet).
  • I met with a wonderful group of native ASL signers Saturday Feb 19th to go over the pairs of words for the research experiment. Thank you, and thank you to the interpreter as well! (I'm trying not to mention names, since I haven't asked anyone if I can include their name)
  • I met with Manitoba School for the Deaf to ask for help in recruiting kids for the pilot project
  • I'm working to add ASL video to the research info for parents page soon
  • I applied for an received an amendment to the Ethics, since I want to meet with a few hearing kids too about the English side of things.
  • I'm trying to keep calm and healthy and happy and well-slept so I can  workworkworkworkworkwork!
I'd better get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment