Saturday, May 14, 2011

T-minus 1 month until the conference!!!!

So much has happened since my last update, I'll just list what I can think of at the moment:

  • I finished meeting with 18 wonderful kids and their families
  • Based on meeting with those kids I've made some changes for future meetings that I think will improve the process.
  • I went through the results (and worked out some confusing areas with the help of my research assistant Sherry Clark and advisor Dr. Erin Wilkinson!) and compiled them into one database and have started the statistics with the help of my advisor, Kevin Russell (a.k.a. statistical genius)
  • We have found some interesting results, keep checking back for more information on them.  I'm not ready to report any specifics just yet.
  • I was awarded a research fellowship from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada for this research (such an honour to have the importance of this research recognized!)
  • I was awarded a travel grant to the International Symposium on Bilingualism where I am presenting this research June 15th (in Oslo, Norway).
  • I have another Survey up for English monolinguals to complete.  It's up for 4 days only and should only take 15 minutes.  The link to the survey is:  http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/P3GZ8JJ and the password is:  again
    I think that's it for now.  Back to work!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment